Navigation

help with cosine power

TorveloxX

so i've been experimenting with getting the right color maps for mw guns........ i finally got the black detail camo working on guns with grey alpha...... but the problem i faced is that i cant make the gun glow white..... i tried to make a cosine map and applied every possible setting that the cosine needs and i cant get the guns to glow just like they do in mw (especially mw3)
does anyone know any good trick or at least how can i make the gun glow properly?
thank you in advance!!!

Posted on 23.05.2017 / 2:32

REPLIES

T-Max

Gun's _col will be replaced with _spc judging by _cos map. So if you want white speculars - use white color in specular map, if you want gold weapon - use yellow specular etc. Refer white and gold desert eagle textures to understand how it works.
Glowing its a bit different thing. You can disable lightning effect on a texture which will make your texture have always the same color according to color texture. But it requires custom material, not only textures. It's called "unlit" material.
___
Finally good modding question ^^

#MakeCFGFactoryGreatAgain

Posted on 23.05.2017 / 6:35 - Edited by T-Max on 23.05.2017 / 6:39

TorveloxX

so if i have to make a bright spec for white glow...... what am i supposed to do for the cosine?

Posted on 23.05.2017 / 11:36 - Edited by TorveloxX on 23.05.2017 / 11:39

T-Max

Black cosine means less specular effect. White cosine means completely replaced color map with specular map. That's why its called cosine power map. Just try and you'll see difference.

#MakeCFGFactoryGreatAgain

Posted on 23.05.2017 / 16:48

who have file zone english ?

Posted on 25.05.2017 / 20:06 - Edited by LukaszGROM on 25.05.2017 / 20:06

ONLY USERS CAN POST REPLIES.